Monday, June 13, 2011

The knowledge is so overwhelming

A few weeks ago it was brought to my attention by my older brother that everyone has one foot that is slightly bigger than the other. Well this was definitely a news flash that changed my life litcharally! So me being the younger sister I gave him a hard time with not teaching me all that he knows. I mean what else is he holding out on me? So ever since then it's been a battle of useless facts and definitely entertaining. I must say that I have learned so much in my own research and having him and my awesome sister-in-law feeding my brain with random facts on a daily basis. So who am I to withhold information from all of you? Get ready to be blown away with these amazing facts that hey one day may come in handy...you can thank me later! So without further a do I give you my new found knowledge:

A dragon fly has a life span of 24 hours

A gold fish has a memory span of 3 seconds

A pregnant gold fish is called a twit...side note refer to the above fact that must be confusing and awkward:)

Tigers have striped skin not just striped fur

In Lehigh, Nebraska it's against the law to sell donut holes

On average a 100 people choke to death on ball point pens

For the 80's babies...Back in 1980 - 81 we were shocked as gas prices rose above $1.00 for the first time. This was especially shocking because just four years earlier in 1976 gas was $0.60 per gallon and in 1969 it was only $0.35 a gallon. But by 1981 only 12 years later it was a full dollar higher at $1.35. That is an increase of 286% in 12 years$1.35/gallon? Yes please! Oh how I wish it were the 80s:)

Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the correct order

In New York State, it is still illegal to shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley carDon't have to worry about me breaking this law, b/c I shoot rabbits from the cabs anyway:P

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

A single cow produces about 90 glasses of milk per day or about 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime

101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan (Wendy) are the only two Disney cartoon features with both parents that are present and don't die throughout the movie.

And now you know! Pay it forward people pay it forward!

Until the next time....

No comments: