Friday, June 08, 2012

"Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth 'you owe me.' Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky" -Hafiz




I love this quote don't you? It is so true and so close to home. I have always been the hopeless romantic even when at times I have hidden that part of me for a while due to pain.  It's just who I am ....I love to make other people happy, b/c in return it makes my heart smile. There are some people out there that do things for others not with a generous and loving heart, but instead with a hidden agenda. My definition of doing things for others that we love doesn't necessarily mean materialistic things....it's the little things that matter the most. I believe in that gut wrenching love, the love that you when you lie down they are the last thing you think of, when you wake up they are the first, laughter, your best friend who you can't imagine your life without, who sometimes knows you better than yourself, lifting each other up in all aspects of your lives,  who you are most authentic with, uncomplicated/easy to be with, you light up at the thought of each other,  you can read each other's emotions without saying a word, and someone that you still hold hands with at the young age of 80. Love is not about doing things for each other with a selfish underlying tone. It should never be given with stipulations and conditions. I have had my fair share of heartache, but that doesn't mean that I give up on love.  Why should I punish someone for the past?What it means is that I am still that hopeless romantic that holds her heart closely and doesn't give it away as easily, b/c when I do give it away again it will be to the person meant to handle my heart in the right way.

Until the next time.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was such a beautiful piece well written i adore your honesty and lack of fear i hope one day you do find that one.