Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Challenges with pushing thirty!

Soooo this is my final year to be in the twenties and I'm sure I will love my thirties, but as for my body it knows the difference! I have put on some extra lbs in the past year and now it's time to FIGHT BACK! I FINALLY gave up one of the most glorious things in my life Dr. Pepper. Now if you know me then you know that is quite the addiction in my life, one of the things that I love to over induldge myself in, but definitely a bad thing:( So it's been a little over a week since I have had one of my tasty drinks and so far so good. I did have a moment of weakness, but stood strong. It was after the hike that Connor and I went on...I was dying of thirst and all my taste buds could crave was my dr. pepper. I went to the gas station refused myself my love and picked up a hawaiian punch....then I put that back and got a powerade instead. This may sound silly to you, but trust me it was hard it was as if I needed to call a sponsor at that moment and have someone talk me down!

Since we have moved in our new place it's been an adjustment financially so that means NO EATING OUT. Now being a single mom it's so much easier to just hit up the drive through especially when I work ALL THE TIME. I have been cooking and forcing not only my son, but myself to eat the leftovers. (I'm not much of a left over kinda girl, but I'm learning)I'm even finding myself eating veggies again if you know me this isn't the norm.

Finally I have been back into working out thank you Lord! I have just had two foot surgeries so I was incapable of doing so until now. I'm starting off slow with just a half hour work out a day, but it's better than nothing!

So if any of you out there have any suggestions on how to get my much missed body back. Let me know!

Until the next time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

let me know if you want any recipes! a lot of mine are already typed so i can email them to you :)