Saturday, April 26, 2008

CHALLENGES WITH A BLESSING IN DISGUISE

Earlier in the week I was just a driving along on my long journey home from work and my a/c started smelling fumy so I turned it out. Well I didn't make it far until I had to pull over on the side of the road due to a car running hot. Luckily I was on the phone with a good friend who was walking me through what to do and eventually a guy stopped over and helped for the rest of the process. So I had my anti-freeze all up to date or so I thought. Yesterday I was in the bank line waiting to make my deposit for my work when my car started to smoke so I pulled over in the parking lot and called Ryan. (He not only works with me, but he is married to my cousin Becki). So Ryan came to the rescue this time and filled her up for me. So after work I was on my way to p/u Connor and it started to over heat AGAIN! I am thinking ok what is the deal here? So I went to a friend's house the same friend that I was on the phone with (to make this easier I will tell you the name it's Tee). Anyway so we go over to Tee's house and stay there for a few hours and my other friend from work followed me home to make sure I made it ok. (B/c remember I live in another country!). So today I was stressin big time about what to do b/c obviously I can't go on like this! So I bring my car over to Firestone and Becki brings me to her house to wait. I get the call and here's the breakdown: a busted radiator, hoses, and temperature gage! I am just thinking oh wow what to do. So they tell me the cost and I about fall out of the chair....So I tell them not to work on it, b/c let's face it I am a single mommy with barely enough money to pay the bills let alone fix my car. Let me just say that God ALWAYS amazes me when He just steps in and makes a way through the storm. Becki came in the house and said that Ryan offered to put the charge on his credit card and I can pay them back when we all get those lovely refunds from the IRS in May. I am so thankful for the awesome family that I have. I do have to say that I am blessed with a family that knows how to reach out and help each other in time of need whether it's a financial bind or an emotional crisis. I am not the type of person to ask for help and I have a hard time accepting it, but I am learning that sometimes you have to swallow your pride and just welcome the help. So THANK YOU RYAN AND BECKI for the help and for the love and support!

No comments: