Saturday, April 19, 2008

KNOCK*KNOCK* WHO IS IT? OPPORTUNITY!

It's me reporting from good ole Ville Platte! I am visiting with my dad until tomorrow. And along with the visit came a proposal....the opportunity to move to Ville Platte have minimum bills to worry about and the greatest possibility handed to me: to finish getting my degree. I started back in school when Connor was a baby and at this point I was living with my mom. She gave me the chance of staying with her and just focusing on Connor and school. Being the stubborn person I am I decided that the rough route was much more appealing. So to prove that I could handle Connor on my own and make my own way with my family I moved out. I continued to go to night school while working a full time job with little time to spend with my son. Eventually the situation became much more difficult to keep up. So I have sat out two semesters...and with the location of where we are living once Connor starts school I won't have anyone to help me with him. One of my biggest goals is for me to finish school. I am still unsure of what I want to major in, but I do know that I want to provide for Connor in the way that he deserves and not just by living from paycheck to paycheck. Phew* that was a lot said.....so with a smudge of the background story now you can see how this is a great opportunity for me. Nothing is set in stone yet, but if it's God's plan things will fall into place for this to happen. Yes I would be living in the one place that I said I never would, but a few years of sacrifice isn't all that bad to get to the end result! So please keep me in your prayers!

No comments: