Friday, January 25, 2008

EMBRACING IMPERFECTION

I am not perfect so far from it...I am one who over sleeps, loses my patience more than I would like to admit, dreams of something better, lives on sandwiches, is financially stressed out all the time, starts projects that are left unfinished, eats entirely too much chocolate when down, doesn't stop at stop signs all the way, on occassion takes out my frustration with life out on Connor, too hard on myself, watches way too much t.v., needs to play with Connor more, when I am scared it seems like I am mad, too proud to ask for help,is a making a list freak, and am unforgiving of my mistakes....with all that said it's my life and no one can take any of it from me. I have these imperfections of myself and they are things that I can work on, but I will always have an imperfection or blemish about me and I am ok with being less than perfect or having the perfect life. No one will ever be perfect or have the perfect life no matter how it may look on the outside we don't know what their journey is really about. We can strive for perfection, but we will never obtain it and it will just drive us crazy and left unsatisfied.... I am perfectly content with being imperfect.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

don't just be content, be happy with it. imperfections make us unique, special, and different from one another. and you never know -- the reason you think you're imperfect might be the reason someone else thinks you ARE perfect!